Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Wall Street

Hello my lovelies,

Well today has been a gloomy rainy day in the UK so I took the chance to go back to my long list and choose another to watch and share with you all.

I was hoping I'd like Wall Street as when I watch Wolf of Wall Street I really enjoyed it, but this time this film just wasn't for me so this will be very brief.

Directed by Oliver Stone in 1987, Wall Street is an American drama film focusing on the career of Bud Fox (Charlie Sheen), a stockbroker trying to work his way up in the business in 1985. When he gets involved with Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas) he thinks it will help him and at first it seems to, but he gets dragged in too deep to a point where he finds himself in trouble.



Although this film was slightly amusing at times, mostly due to John C. McGinley who plays Marvin (& Dr Cox in Scrubs), it just didn't do anything to hold my attention. I get that its an old film and set in a slightly older time, but its all dull colours and everyone looks the same, rushing around doing the same thing like robots, and maybe that's the impression they're trying to give of what its like to work on wall street. As well as this, the film also suggests that its a very 'you've either got it or you don't' kind of business where you have to do anything and everything it takes to make a name for yourself.

Although the acting was good and Sheen fit the role, I personally didn't enjoy this film just because it didn't grip me and to be completely honest there were times when I had no clue what was going on or what was being said, I don't do stockbroker jargon.



I don't think I'd watch this film again but if these business drama kind of films are your sort of thing then definitely give it a go if you can get past it being 2 hours long. There is also another starring Shia Labeouf released in 2010 that I haven't seen but might one day if I fancy getting back into this story, but maybe it could be your sort of thing.


Short and sweet, until next time, thanks for reading :) x  


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar