Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Burberry Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick in Cameo Pink No. 03

I have roughly featured this lipstick a long time ago in my Burberry FOTD post, with a few thoughts about it. I think these thoughts have concretised, and I should now do a proper post on this.

Burberry Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick in Cameo Pink No. 03


Available: Tangs Orchard.

Volume: Full size unknown to me.

Star Properties: The case is so checkered Burberry way!

This one that I've got is a mini version of the lipstick because it came free when I bought the blush and eyeshadow. You can see how tiny it is below.


It's really cute, isn't it?

The perfect size to squeeze into a clutch wallet. It's only 0.8 g.

This colour that I've got is called Cameo Pink, No. 03.


And it looks like, well, a pink! haha.

It has gold, copper specks in it which isn't detectable on my hand, and also can't be seen on my lips.


On my lips, it's still pink. Just very, very sheer, that it doesn't cover up the darker parts of my lips, which I don't like.


Texture
However, texture-wise, I find that this is actually a very good lipstick, much like Revlon Lip Butters, except that this is better because it is not sticky. It is not consider greasy, but has that slight bit of oil.

Lasting but drying?
I find that this lasts, but after 6 hours or so, I find my lips cracking. So this is another point that I can't like it.

Smell
I don't like the smell. It is too chemical-like, like I feel I am applying poison quite literally on my lips.

Cost
I am sure what the exact price is, but I reckon it's in the forties. I think compared to other brands with equally sheer finish, Burberry seem to have failed quite badly. I really enjoyed using Lancome Rouge in Love much more, and of course, Dior Addict Extreme.

I really don't recommend it. 3/5.
While my initial impression of this is quite good, I found that I can't quite stand using this for some 2 weeks. I was so happy to bring in other lipsticks after I finished my compulsory review time with this.

Perhaps the colour isn't as flattering on me. Perhaps my lips are just too dark that makes this appear very sheer. Perhaps it's the smell. Or the packaging, because I am not getting the full deal of luxury with the full-size lipstick.

I guess I just don't quite see the point of shelling out full price for this because many drugstore lipsticks are better. There is no competitive edge from this. Not one point of it can be considered a number one. For example, I don't think that Dior Addict Extreme of Lancome Rouge in Love is perfect, but they do have standout points that I actually really like. Burberry's one, at least Cameo Pink, just does not have that X-factor.

You view another review by Paris B of My Women Stuff here, and here.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar