Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MFW SS20: Max Mara

Max Mara - Spy Girl Realness

Max Mara is not a brand that I am going to pretend I know loads about, all I really know is that they create a truly iconic camel coat which is a staple piece I would love to add to my wardrobe. Although there is no way I can afford it. My limited knowledge is that this is a bloody expensive brand. However, when I began seeing images from this runway on Instagram, I knew I needed to speak about it. 

Picture from Vogue

Spring/Summer 2020

The show opened with a supermodel holy trinity: Gigi Hadid, Doutzen Kroes and Candice Swanepoel. All of them wore industrial grey spy inspired outfits. There were masculine and military qualities to each outfit. All of them had the utility pockets, a high neck shirt with ties and Doutzen wore a waistcoat with boy style shorts. 

The show started out like a female spy movie with lots of shirts and trousers, and the light blue shirt that Bella wore and the cute pair of grey trousers are something I need in my life. She had a grey coat on which looked similar to the camel coat they are known for. It was a sophisticated business lady outfit and when I am my own boss, I would love to wear something like that. 

Picture from Vogue

Sticking with the theme of coats, honestly this season really slayed with the coats that were taken down the runway. There were big shoulders (enhanced with shoulder pads,) giving off an automatic strength to the outfit and the wearer. The coat in the picture above is double breasted which is traditionally more of a masculine style but the white coat looks absolutely stunning on the models skin colour. I think the casting was amazing for this runway and you cannot deny that this coat looks beautiful on the model. It is such a simple outfit, mainly comprising of the coat but it is so effective at displaying strength. 

Picture from Vogue

The calf length see though socks are a little bit too much for me. They also featured in the Self-Portrait runway and I've got to say I cannot get on board with it. It really does remind me of my Nana. I am not a fan of the hats either but I get the look they were trying to achieve. One part of the look that I loved was the beauty. That gorgeous dark berry lip, that borders on black, looks amazing and the braids really do complete the military look to the runway. All of the shaping and the finishing touches to the outfits are incredible and really show the level of detail of the runway. 

Picture from Vogue

Based on This Show, What Should You Add to Your S/S Wardrobe?

Be A Boss Bitch! This runway is all about strength which is shown through the cuts of the outfits and the more masculine shapes but there is a femininity that comes within the outfits. Look to wear more straight leg trousers and if your feeling brave, boy shorts. One thing that can be said for this season is that your boyfriend's shirt needs to be in your wardrobe

Who Needs Colour? Max Mara really did not feature much colour at all but who needs colour when you can look this good in a light grey, blue and monochrome colour scheme? There were elements of colour within the final dress but they were still pastel tones.

Every Woman Should Have One Dress That Makes Them Feel Unstoppable. There were many truly feminine outfits on this runway but to close the show, the insta girls stormed the runway in the most gorgeous gowns, showing women can still be unstoppable in the most feminine of outfits.

Emo is Back. Not only do the waistcoats and ties display a masculine style but they also represent an era from my youth, the emo. I remember a phase when waistcoats and ties were a thing for emo girls and I would bet good money that they were also wearing a dark lipstick as well. This is a look that might have died out for most but it looks like Max Mara is bringing it back.

Everyone Needs a Well Tailored Coat. I am a big fan of the Max Mara Camel coat but looks like there are a few more coats I need to add to my wishlist. I am big fan of the one Bella wore down the runway. Looks like I need to add a grey coat to my collection. 


If you want to see more of the Max Mara Runway, here is a link to the pictures on Vogue: Max Mara: Spring/Summer 2020

Check out some of my other Fashion Week posts here:
MFW: Prada
LFW: Burberry
LFW: JW Anderson
Victoria Beckham
LFW: Molly Goddard

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar