Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Product Review: Maybelline The Magnum Volume Express Mascara - Waterproof

I have mentioned several times now how much I love Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara but since it is not locally available, I decided to settle and basically try out what's said to have been the local version of The Colossal - The Magnum Volume Express Mascara. After using it for a little over a month now, it's time to give it a review.


I chose the waterproof variant so I won't have to worry about smudging and having raccoon eyes at the end of the day.

The brush. I was sort of expecting it to be similar to that of The Colossal but it was so much different. (Might do a comparison between The Magnum and The Colossal one of these days.)

What I like:
- Does not have the rose scent that The Colossal has which is due to collagen.
- It makes my lashes darker and look fuller. Though it does not totally volumize my lashes that much, it still makes a lot of difference as compared to my lashes without any mascara at all.
- It still looks natural, like my lashes but better. It is definitely not dramatic so this is for those who wants to keep it simple and natural.
- Although it is not a hundred percent waterproof and smudge proof, it takes a long time - several hours - before I see traces of it on my under eyes, which is not bad at all. Most of the time, I am already on my way home by the time that happens.
- Drying time is just right. Doesn't dry too quickly so clumping isn't much of a problem and doesn't take a long time to dry as well.
- Locally available and price is quite affordable at Php429/439 (someone feel free to correct me if I got the price wrong).

What I do not like:
- While it looks really nice upon application, I find that it does not hold the curls very well. In fact, I feel that it weighs down my lashes. It only takes less than 5 minutes for me to see that my lashes are no longer that curled which disappoints me.
- I find the brush kid of hard to work with. The curved angle with less fibers or bristles just doesn't make sense to me. I end up using the "un-curved" side of the brush. I still like The Colossal's bristles way better than this.

Overall rating: 3.5/5

Will I buy again? I am still on the fence as to whether or not I will re-purchase because The Colossal has my loyalty. The fact that this mascara weighs down my lashes really disappoints me so I would have to think more than twice before buying another one of this.

Curled lashes without mascara

Curled with 2 coats of mascara

Have you tried this mascara? Do you like it? :)

Happy Monday, super awesome peeps!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar