Other benefits of the patch are it helps prevent scabbing, relieves pain, deduces tingling, itching and burning, reduces redness and swelling and protects sore from contamination but really, I'm still stuck on being able to wear lipstick on top to hide the stupid thing!
I won't go so far as to say that I'm hoping for a cold sore to come on so I can test them out but at least when I do get one it will be slightly less horrible to deal with now!
Available at food, drug and mass merchandisers and if you want a $5 off coupon you can go here to score one: http://polysporin.ca/en/coupon.asp
I have the usual prescription medication for cold sores which is good for healing but doesn't do a damn thing for the itching and burning aspect so I've always done a layering thing with products and used something on top of it that offers a cooling benefit. The one I loved most was Mentholatum Natural Ice Healer but them they stopped selling it in Cananda and now it seems they've stopped making the product altogether so I had to find an alternative which I have found in:
Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Cold Sore Cream - 10g - $6 - using the powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties of 100% pure tea tree oil it provides soothing relief to cold sore, sun blisters and chapped lips naturally while helping to prevent and heal cold sores.
This one feels great on thanks to the camphor in it that cools the lips but if you are looking for more of a straight moisturizer and don't need the cold sore or chapped lip relief, you might prefer their regular lip balm which has tea tree oil with shea butter.
Available at Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall/Pharmaplus, Whole Foods, Loblaws and select health food stores across Canada or online at www.abundancenaturally.com.
- Lisamarie -
0 Yorumlar