https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/333612/chicken-with-lemon-and-courgette-couscous
However, I made changes in order to use what I already had.
I reduced everything to a quarter of the given amount to serve one.
I used courgettes that I froze last year and just chopped them into little bits - easier to do frozen than thawed!
I used chicken thighs - three of them because I needed cooked chicken for the next day as well - and baked them with some lemon juice, salt and pepper. When cooked, I stripped off all the meat and kept the skin, bones and 'bits' to boil up for stock. Waste not, want not!
I used spray oil to brown the courgette bits.
Then I made the couscous which I mixed with chicken stock powder before adding the boiling water and some bottled lemon juice.
Finally, I mixed the chicken with the couscous mixture and added a bit more lemon juice, pinging it for a short time to get it back to piping hot. It was very tasty with some broccoli on the side. I forgot to take a photo though! Sorry.
Another one to go on the 'make again' list!
Photo borrowed from the BBC site - mine didn't look like this at all, of course!

0 Yorumlar