Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bead Board Wallpaper- A Project That Went Way Wrong

I am trying to finish up all the little details for the kitchen reveal that y'all have been so patiently waiting for. 
One of the things I felt I needed to complete was repainting the little hallway from the kitchen into the guest bedroom. It was still SW Camelback which was the color of the kitchen before the kitchen makeover. 
I decided instead of painting the hallway the same color as the kitchen I would paint it the same color as the living room to add some contrast to the kitchen.
Painting led to taking down the old light and putting up a new one that I already had on hand. Old light is the one I am holding.
This was the end result. Love the lighter color so much better! Something was missing to me though. There was no wow factor and I wanted some wow but did not want to spend any money on wow. I am sure you know how that goes!?
In came the bead board wallpaper I had out in the garage.
Yes, that is just what this little hallway needed, or so I thought.
Do you see that?

Yep, talk about total failure. The entire seam kept coming up no matter what I did. I even attempted to secure it with little photo stickers you use for scrapbooking just so I could get pics for the reveal. It was not happening.
To make matters worse at night you can see the texture on the wall underneath the wallpaper.

So if you have textured walls DO NOT put up bead board wall paper unless of course you sand the wall down first to remove the texture but honestly I did not want that much commitment to it. Texture is so hard to match back up and if I were to ever get tired of the wallpaper or it get damaged I still wanted to have the textured wall.

Now do not be put off by the bead board wall paper! Just because it did not work on the walls does not mean it is not a great alternative.
The reason I had it on hand already was because I used it in the cubbies of the built-in in the kitchen.
It went up like a dream. Super easy.
I was even able to paint it and distress it with wax. 
I love how it looks in the cubbies! I just do not love it on my walls.

Off to Lowes to pick up a sheet of wainscoting!;)



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar