Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Table Top Vignette Elements



At one end of our living room there is a tea table and two 
Chippendale arm chairs.  This grouping is right next to a large
window and it is a delightful place to sit and look at a magazine
because this north facing spot is bright but not too sunny.

Right now this spot looks bare, but not for long.  Let's add some
cozy elements.




There is quite a bit of red in this room so I added a Chinese tea box filled
with a floral arrangement.  This arrangement both brightens and softens
the top of the table.





I love to add books to arrangements because I love the texture, but also
because I love to read.




This quail figurine belonged to my Mom.  She bought it when my parents
used to live in Scottsdale, Arizona because there were flocks of quail that
gathered on their property each day.  I always like to add elements that
have special meaning.  It personalizes a space.  I cringe every time I hear a
designer on TV tell the audience not to personalize their space.  This may
be of importance when selling a home, but if you are staying in your home
I say personalize it.  It's your home ~ your nest.  Make it your own!





Y'all know that pillows soften a design and this girl loves them.




Add a couple of tea cups and a tea strainer.  It is a tea table after all.




Don't forget to invite a friend to share a couple of hours with you.  The best
design is wasted if it can't be shared with the ones you love.


I could even bring Bentley's fancy water dish in here with
a little treat for him.  He hates to be excluded :-)


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar