Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

This year, I have let my main large zinnia/flower garden

rest.
Although, my loyal scarecrow, Gertrude, watches over it all.
For years, this garden has produced the most beautiful zinnia and other flowers. But the last couple of growing seasons has not had good results. Along with letting it rest, I have been adding compost,  tilling in the weeds that grow, and trying to remove all of the thorned grass burs that love a vacant field.  All of this, in hopes that the ground will start "living" again and hopefully next year will produce well.

I am also wanting to design a specific look to this garden. Adding unusual paths and "garden art" that I create along the way. These stones are nothing more than plain and boring chunks of concrete that were broken up from a field next to our property. The farmer was more than happy for me to carry these off .

Since I have learned how to be creative with cement, I embellished a few of the stones with cement, using my pumpkin and gourd leaves to leave a decorative impression on them.

I also used pine tree cuttings and pine cones.
Now the path will have an interesting look to it along in the garden.

Since I have a large amount of beautiful leaves in the pumpkin patch, I decided to preserve some of those in cement as well.

These will be beautiful in my garden design..........

and to work with the cement pumpkins I am making.

I have also created bird baths as well as shallow watering dishes for the birds and  small reptiles to enjoy a drink from. Now that the weather is cooling, I will be spending much of my days out in this area...............hoping for beautiful results by planting season next year.
How about you?
Do you have any problematic garden spaces that you want to work in?
I would love to hear!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar